Wholesale Furniture Brokers Policies and Procedures
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping Department is here to help you:
Monday to Friday excluding Statutory Holidays from 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
What can I expect during delivery?
All Basic Home Deliveries include delivery to the driveway of your home or office. When the driver arrives with your order, you will need to take the boxes off the truck unless you have chosen an upgraded delivery service option. Some small parcel carriers may deliver your package to your door. Before you sign for accepting the delivery, you must look at the boxes for any damages. Look for any rips, tears, or dents and make sure they are noted on the delivery receipt before signing.
If the driver has a portable signature device and you see damages to the boxes, please sign for the delivery as "damaged".
We request that you do not refuse the delivery if you see damages on the boxes. Just because the boxes are damaged doesn’t mean the actual item itself is. Refusing delivery also makes it much more difficult to address any claims as we will have to get the information from the shipping company.
All deliveries (unless sent with a small carrier not requiring a signature) must be signed by an adult of legal age.
How much is shipping?
FREE, Basic Home Delivery (You Unload) is included to the driveway or curb, depending on where you are located and what you are ordering.
For more information, please contact us.
What is considered remote?
What is considered remote varies. It is not just based on your geographical location, but also how far away you are from the shipping terminal. You might reside in a town on the trans-canada highway that stretches from one end of our great country to the other, but if the shipping terminal is 2 hours away it may be considered remote.
Orders shipping to the following areas may be subject to a remote surcharge. In the case that a surcharge is applicable, no additional fees will be charged without notifying you and obtaining prior approval:
- Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and PEI.
- Canadian Queen Charlotte Islands, and Vancouver Island.
- Northern Canadian destinations.
- Any location considered remote by our carriers.
Please contact us to review shipping options and find out if a shipping charge is required or not.
Can I choose what time the delivery is for, or a specific date?
Once the order is picked up by the carrier, or in the local area, the delivery company will contact you to arrange a delivery time that will work for you and the delivery company’s schedule. We will do our best to have an order delivered around a certain day or time, however, as we do rely on third party carriers to do deliveries we can not guarantee any delivery date or time.
What delivery services do you offer?
We have 4 delivery options available for your order:
- FREE, Basic Home Delivery (You Unload): Includes curbside delivery to the driveway of your home or office. You may need the assistance of a friend or family member to help offload your furniture from the delivery truck and into your home. It is the customer’s responsibility to bring the items inside their premise, assemble if necessary, and dispose of all packaging.
Smaller items may ship with a small carrier, such as Purolator or CanPar. These items will be taken off the truck and brought to the first covered area of your home. If a particular item can only ship with a small carrier, we cannot offer any upgraded delivery service options.
- $49.00 Home Delivery: Power Tail Lift Service: Includes curbside delivery to the driveway of your home or office. Your furniture will be lowered to ground level by the driver. The Power Tail Lift Service covers all packages on your order. You may need the assistance of a friend or family member to help move the boxes from the delivery truck and into your home. It is the customer's responsibility to bring the items inside their premise, assemble if necessary, and dispose of all packaging.
- $79.00 - $349.00 Inside Placement*: Inside Placement Delivery includes two delivery persons who will place your furniture into the designated room of choice. This service covers carrying the product up a maximum of two (2) flights of stairs, unless a service elevator is available. There will be an additional fee of $35.00 per flight of stairs in excess of two (2) flights. You will be responsible for assembly if necessary, and disposal of all packaging. The delivery agents will not move any existing furniture nor remove any existing debris (such as old mattresses). Please have your room free and clear on your scheduled delivery date. The delivery company will contact you to arrange a delivery date.
- $299.00 - $599.00 White Glove Delivery with Assembly*: White Glove Delivery includes removal of packaging materials and assembly by two delivery persons. This service covers carrying the product up a maximum of two (2) flights of stairs, unless a service elevator is available. There will be an additional fee of $35.00 per flight of stairs in excess of two (2) flights. The delivery agents will not move any existing furniture nor remove any existing debris (such as old mattresses). Please have your room free and clear on your scheduled delivery date. These delivery agents cannot install mirrors or any such items onto walls or hookup any electrical components/wires. You are required upon completion of delivery to sign the freight bill indicating that you received your order in full, that there were no damages or defects and that the assembly was completed. Any damage to the product or incomplete assembly that is not noted on the delivery slip will be the responsibility of the customer. The delivery company will contact you to arrange a delivery date.
Please Note: RTA (Ready to Assemble) furniture and bunk beds do not qualify for the White Glove delivery option.
Wholesale Furniture Brokers is not responsible for furniture assembly, when this service level is requested. In the event your building requires licenses, insurance certificates, etc, we will provide you with the contact information for the delivery agents. These delivery agents have the required certification to perform residential furniture delivery and assembly and can coordinate with your building management directly.
*Inside Placement and White Glove are not available by our carriers in some locations. For more information, please contact us.
Shipping costs are determined by your product order total:
|Dollar Value of Order||FREE, Basic Home Delivery|
Power Tail Lift Service
|Inside Placement||White Glove|
|$0 - $299||$0||$49||$79||$299|
|$300 - $599||$0||$49||$99||$299|
|$600 - $999||$0||$49||$149||$299|
|$1,000 - $2,999||$0||$49||$249||$399|
What areas can you not deliver to?
We currently do not have delivery services available to the following areas:
- American States of Alaska and Hawaii.
- American Domestic Island Destinations (Florida Keys, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, etc).
- Canadian Nunavut, Yukon, and Northwest Territories.
- Armed Forces Postal Addresses (APO's).
Customers in these areas, as well as international customers, will be responsible for arranging a freight forwarder, as well as any tariffs, duties, and extra fees that apply. Upon request, Wholesale Furniture Brokers can provide a breakdown of your invoice which includes country of origin.
Can I upgrade the delivery service at my door to add the Power Tail Lift Service, Inside Placement, or White Glove?
No, any upgrades after the order has shipped out are not authorized by Wholesale Furniture Brokers and any additional shipping charges we receive for Power Tail Lift, Inside Placement, or White Glove after the delivery has been completed are the responsibility of the customer.
All Rights Reserved. For Canadian customers only.