GoWFB STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Application Deadline: Aug 24, 2019
Scholarship Amount: $2000 (CAD)
The Scholarship amount will be sent directly to College Financial Aid Department. Apply Now
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an email to:
We believe that it’s more than just the grades that make a great well-rounded student. Each one of you is creative in his or her own way: some of you blog; others curate documentary photography on Instagram; still others find imagine ways to solve problems in their public and private lives. Creativity is the air each one of us breathes, but sometimes we get so concerned with grades that we forget that imagination is our natural problem solver.
One way to showcase your creativity is to innovate either by solving a problem, by designing something that helps others solve problems, or by enhancing our relationship with whatever matters to us. Innovation is what brings our technical skills and our hopes together in unique ways. We designed bunk beds, sectional sofas, patio furniture, and mattresses with the help of students creativity and talent. It also provides opportunities for gaining real working experience in a chosen field, and gives students the chance to connect with adults outside their circle who might be able to help students get into their top choice college or get an internship.
In the end, innovation makes people look at the bigger picture, which is the best preparation for college and for life. We are passionate about sparking the creative genius in students who can help us sell bunk beds and other furniture items such as sectional sofas and would love to commend those outstanding students who have a made a difference in the lives of others ( murphy bed Canada ) in some innovative or technological fashion. In order to achieve this, we have established a scholarship for students who meet certain criteria.
HOW TO ENTER THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Record a two-minute video explaining how digital marketing helps small businesses and promotes economic growth.
- Publish the video to your YouTube channel.
- Title the video GoWFB Scholarship Contest and include this link (https://www.gowfb.ca/pages/scholarship) in the description.
- Share your video on our Facebook page and on your own Facebook page.
- Once video is shared, click on "Apply Now" button and fill the form to enter the contest.
NOTE: All submissions are due by Aug 24, 2019. The winner will be chosen and notified by August 31st, 2019.
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, a series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
PAST WINNERS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Betty Ngo, a high school senior, initiated STEM+Youth Academy, a two-pronged educational program designed to spark underserved students’ passions for STEM.
Yohan, a 3rd year medical student, helped found his school’s Infectious Disease Interest Group to empower students to address various infectious diseases, especially through free community health screenings, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Sophia founded the Helping Hats Program to fundraise for various charities and needs in her community, raising over $70,000 over the last seven years.
After experiencing the devastating effects of flooding, Aditya designed, tested, and created a device to combat basement flooding across the Midwest.
Dorian Hollingsworth Jr.
Dorian created The Teen Care Network, an online community that advocates against bullying and teenage suicide.
Mary Grace Henry
Mary Grace Henry created her foundation, Reverse The Course, and has raised over $80,000 in an effort to help empower the young women in Kenya, Uganda, Paraguay, and Haiti through education.