Your relationship with your bed is one that changes and grows just as much as you do. Don't let a horrible sleep hold you back from being the best version of yourself. Make sure that you are using the correct mattress for your sleeping habits to ensure the sweetest dreams possible!
Buying a mattress isn't your average shopping trip - it's an entire shopping experience - one that uses a variety of senses. Moreover, each person has their own unique set of needs which makes mattress shopping very individual to the buyer. But don't fret! We're here to help make some suggestions and provide some insight, so you can find your perfect match!
Let's begin by looking at the different styles of mattresses that are on the market right now:
Memory Foam - Great support, pressure relief, & body contouring.
Best For: Sleepers who want good support/body contouring, & relief. A good option for people who need a more pronounced “hug” when sleeping.
Pocket Coils - One of the most popular/widely used styles. Generally have one or more layers of spring coils. A larger number of coils typically means more comfort & support.
Best For: People who prefer the traditional spring/coil feeling, bounce, cooling, & edge support.
Pillow Top - Have a layer of soft "pillow" material; either stuffed or sewn into the cover. This adds extra comfort & cushion.
Best For: Sleepers who prefer a softer, and more cushioned comfort. Cloud-like type of support.
Hybrids - Are made from a combination of materials & usually designed to maximize particular benefits and minimize the cons.
Best For: Sleepers who want the best of all worlds - good majority choice
Now that you know a bit more about the mattress styles that are out there, let's move on to figuring out how you sleep. Knowing your sleeping position is vital to choosing the correct mattress - it has a huge impact on the type of support required to benefit your overall nighttime health.
- Side Sleepers don’t always remain in the same position, they rotate in their sleep.
- The Mattress must be soft enough to contour to their body shape, but firm enough to support pressure points in the neck and back.
- 3-6 / 10, Soft - Medium Firmness
- A Stomach Sleepers' number one priority should be support; the torso applies the most pressure to the mattress.
- Equal support is needed across the body.
- 4 - 7 / 10, Mid Range Firmness
- Firmness & Support are critical to Back Sleepers!
- The Mattress must support your spinal alignment - if it’s too soft, it will create pressure points on the sleeper.
- 5 - 8 / 10, Typically More Firm
Weight & Body Type
- Support from a mattress is directly related to your body weight. The heavier you are, the more the support foams have to work to provide you with optimal comfort. Remember to keep this in mind when hunting for your perfect mattress.
Alright, now that we have an idea of what to look for, let's move on to the dreaded budget (cue dramatic music). Budgeting is always hard, and mattresses are always excessively overpriced. But do not fear - breaking the bank is not required to get a high-end mattress. Here are some tips to keep in the back of your brain while comparing your options.
- Price does not always equal quality! Consider buying your mattress online - you could potentially save up to 30% - get a high-quality mattress without the additional in-store markups
- $1,000 is an ideal budget when shopping online, there are an ample amount of quality options within that price range.
- Increase your budget by $500 if you’re looking for a King/Cali King
- Don’t go too cheap - you'll end up with a cardboard box that provides little comfort, and no support.
- Don’t skimp out on your NEEDS. Your health and sleep are worth it. Okay, so the memory foam is at a slightly higher price point than the pocket coil. If you can afford it, your body will thank you in the long run.
Ultimately, if all of this information seems too overwhelming & you just want to go out and test some mattresses for yourself - that's cool too! Testing products are one of the best ways to really know how things will look and feel. Just try to remember these few simple S.L.E.E.P Tips:
No matter where you find yourself on your next shopping trip - on the couch or within the store - Wholesale Furniture Brokers will be there to help you find your Mattress Match. With a variety of Mattress Styles, Shipping & Delivery Options, & Interest-Free Financing, we're sure that you'll find your perfect mattress for the perfect price.